Monday, November 23, 2015

Portrait Transformation Project
AMY ZHENG
                                                   Liberty Amy


Portrait Transformation Reflection: 
1. Explain you concept
My concept is the Statue of Liberty. My concept has a sense of liberty and freedom because I put a eagle in the background. I also put my face on the statue of liberty.
2. Give your project a title
Liberty Amy
3. Are you happy with the results?
I am happy with the results because I was able to use the spot removal tool to make more skin on my face look less flawed and look like it has less acne. Also, I like that I was able to remove stray strands of hair.
4. Post at least 3 photos
Original

Original

Original

Final

5. Give step by step instructions on how you did Layer Masks
In order to put my face on top of the Statue of Liberty's, I used a layer mask. So basically, after I placed the image of me on top of the Statue of Liberty's face, I clicked on the layer mask icon. I made sure that I was on the layer of my face. I then clicked on the layer mask layer. Then, I clicked on the brush tool and picked black as my color. I used the brush to conceal what I wanted to hide. I then used the white brush tool to go over parts that I felt were messy or were suppose to shown. 

12 comments:

  1. I really like your concept and the brush tool was a good technique you used to hide things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you were able to incorporate your face into the statue- it looks quite convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The process here clearly showed a strong understanding of the lessons we have learned so far in the photoshop unit. I really appreciate the way you blended your face onto the statue and the addition of the bird is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your design a lot, especially the eagle, very american

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your concept! Your work is very clean! It looks as though you used all the tools in Photoshop very well! I also like the bird in the background. It adds a nice touch that works with your concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find your concept very cute. I like how well you blended your head with the statue of liberty. The eagle looks very realistic and like it belongs. I looks very realistic althought its your head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your concept, everything is well incorporated. I like how you photoshopped the eagle into the image because the angle of the eagle made it look like it was actually in the original photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your concept is very clear. I love how you incorporate you as a statue of Liberty. For me, i think it is powerful and show nationality. By looking at it, i can see your background. It shows that you live in a greatest country and that maybe you consider yourself an American.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha xD You're now the peace maker for the United States! :3 Your final is awesome! I feel like the way you took a picture of your face is a bit of from the statue, so maybe try to angle it differently next time? Or try to find a different Statue of Liberty picture that has the same angle of your face. Also, by adding the eagle, it really boosted your concept a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete